Saturday, October 27, 2007

It's been a while!

As I said before, Graduate School and Interning have been keeping me busy and goinng insane! So.. Let me get you all up to date!

For the past two months I have been interning at an Elementary school in Schenectady. The first four weeks or so, I was observing and helping out here and there passing out papers, helping students during working time and helping keep the peace. The art room can be a crazy place, between cleanup and excitement of the projects.

Then the past couple weeks I have been mirroring my cooperating teacher ( who I LOVE! she has great projects!). She would teach one class and I would teach the next. It has been going pretty well, I am working on the things we have discussed for me to improve.

Some of the great projects we have done have been Blotter Bugs ( making secondary colors from primary colors) Torn Landscapes ( tearing paper to create mountains, trees, and leaves.) Shape Creatures ( using shape tracers to create "robot"like creatures) 6th grade Self Portraits ( students are using photos of themselves (we took them in class) and enlarging portraits) and then the basics contour line drawing, creating 3d froms, and value.

This coming week i will have a lot to write about, as I will be begining my 5 week Kindergarten unit. The unit is about the art element, Line. I will be pre and post testing the students, and doing 5 projects in between. I am incorporating Math and English ( literature) into my unit. I will be reading "Harold and The Purple Crayon" for one lesson, we will be discussing folding of paper and creating halves and quarter sections on a sheet of paper. We will be making a sculpture out of lines and we will be making a piece mimicing some of Wassily Kandinsky's "Compositions" pieces.

Again, I hope to load some pictures soon, As we start creating some art I will start taking some images.

No comments: